Home | Stories | News | Theaters | Drive-Ins | Profiles | The Authors | Other Books | Links
Allendale, SC

Carolina Theatre, Allendale, SC

Carolina Theatre

It is now part of the University of South Carolina, Salkehatchie campus. In an advertisement in The Hampton County Guardian, dated March 7, 1934, we found the Carolina Theatre listed in Allendale. We also found an advertisement for the Allendale theater in the Jasper County Record, dated Septembber 17, 1941. The 1945 edition of Film Daily Yearbook also lists the Carolina Theatre in Allendale. The Cooper family once owned this theatre.

From The Augusta Chronicle - December 10, 1941

Allendale Plans Benefit Movie

Mrs. S.J. Wilson has announced that in line with National Defense Work and aid to Britain, a feature movie will be given Friday afternoon at the Carolina Theatre in Allendale, with admission free. Each patron is expected to bring a gift of warm clothing, which can be sent to the British wrapped in Christmas packages.

This show is made possible by James T. Douglas, manager and owner of the theatre, who is cooperating with the Defense program.


Pastime Theatre

The Augusta Chronicle - April 20, 1930

Allendale Men to Manage Theatre
Management of Pastime Movie House Changes Hands

Allendale, S.C., April 19
The Pastime Theatre here, which has been operated for sometime by Dick Herndon of Barnwell, has been taken over by two well known young Allendale men, F.H. Moody and E.A. Crocker, who will remodel the building and make an effort to bring to Allendale the best and latest pictures procurable.

Mr. Moody is an experienced operator, having been in the business for about 13 years.

 

 

Hampton County Guardian
March 7, 1934

Home | Stories | News | Theaters | Drive-Ins | Profiles | The Authors | Other Books | Links